The seven Leaving Certificate Applied Tasks in Athlone Education Centre on Saturday September 12th 2015 were a huge success.
Large numbers of teachers from many different parts of the country traveled to Athlone to participate in the events facilitated by members of LCANA, all experienced teachers and some experienced examiners of LCA tasks. Amy Kilcline, PDST addressed the large gathering outlining the supports that are in place for the coming school year
The feedback from the evaluation forms indicate that participants were very happy with the workshops and the Athlone venue proved very popular. It was noted that having these workshops at the beginning of the school year was an excellent idea as many teachers find themselves anchoring the different tasks having no prior experience of Leaving Certificate Applied.
The positive feedback comments included
- Lots of valuable information/tips.
- Everyone very enthusiastic and helpfull.
- Great to share knowledge
- This was a very worthwhile day, excellent preparation for me, well done, keep it up
- The sample tasks were very good and practical
- Exactly what I needed at the start of the year